Friday, August 9, 2013

Giving in to The Dark Side...

"Unlimited power! I mean minutes! Minutes... Hello?"
My favorite scene from The Emperor Gets a Job - Star Wars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWVCv8uWDI
So Disney buys the rights to the Star Wars franchise for $4 billion... (The figures are sickening, really, when a good portion of the "free" world is struggling to feed themselves.)

As a Star Wars fan, naturally, I'm a bit curious to see the stories unfold on the big screen... But I don't know if I'll be able to stomach episodes VII, VIII and IX if they're done by Disney instead of George Lucas...  Though I'm sure everyone will be raving about how great the special effects are.

I'm still a stickler for anything vintage, retro, and classic. I don't care how crappy the special effects of the original Star Wars or Terminator are deemed compared to modern standards...

Sometimes simplicity and cleverness can be amazing in their own right... The modern world is unnecessarily crazy. That's why "The Emperor Gets a Job - Star Wars" is one of the funniest things I've seen on YouTube this year... The Emperor tries his hand as a temp worker, doing various jobs... Of course, helping people has never been his strong suit...

Check out the really funny Star Wars sketch  "The Emperor Gets a Job":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWVCv8uWDI

No comments:

Post a Comment